Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Six more weeks!

This last little while in England has been a crazy busy one for us.  Irvin and I are called as Sunday school teachers for the youth and it has been such a fun calling.  We get to teach a small group of 5 kids who are all good kids.  They have really put us to work in this ward as I am also the primary pianist.  It's been good to try and re-learn the primary songs! It's also really fun listening to the little british children's voices sing!  They are so adorable!  Also, for the ward Relief Society Birthday party they had me sing a song called Prayer of the Walking Child.  It's such a beautiful song but a little out of my range :) I did enjoy singing it but glad when it was done!  After the program, Bishop David Marcum asked me to sing in Sacrament meeting the following sunday.  Irvin and I had already been asked to speak in church that Sunday so he said I could do it the one after that which was the 24th.  Our talks worked out nicely and I felt the Spirit so strongly as I spoke on faith.  Irvin spoke on Revelation and he ended early so we all got out on time.  Everyone was glad for that and then we enjoyed munch and mingle.  On Sunday the 24th I sang a duet with Bethany Call, she sang soprano and I sang alto.  I was so glad the spirit was in the meeting!  I love singing when I can feel the spirit move throughout my body!  It's such an amazing feeling :) 

This week is our last week of classes!!! YEAH!!! We are pretty excited for that! But then we have finals next week so after that the real celebration can occur.  We really only have about six weeks left in the UK and I have learned a lot!  I have learned to love the people here, especially in our ward.  You would think that they would be the same kind of people in the US because we speak the same language, but they are very different.  In a refreshing kind of way and an old fashioned way that does come with their refined ways.  Our good friend Jacqui Webb has been the best to us here. We will miss her so much and enjoying game time at her house in Somerford Keyes. 

Our adventures here in England are not quite finished as Irvin's brother Wyle is going to come for a visit.  He comes on the 17th of May and will fly home with us on the 2nd of June. We are so excited that he gets to come and we are planning some fun things to do.

Forgot to mention that we were able to go to the London Temple last Friday(Good Friday).  The Stroud ward goes every year and we were able to be there with fellow ward members and Jacqui :)  It was such a spiritual experience!!! The London Temple is such a beautiful temple! The Chandeliers were unbelievable and the baptismal font was not like any I have seen! We were blessed to go to it and to enjoy the spirit as we entered the House of the Lord.  We were also lucky to go to the Preston temple when we first got here and are hoping to make another trip there before we leave.   

No comments:

Post a Comment